Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Help - Lent Photo Challenge

Help…

To ask for help is a task that many of us struggle with.  There is nothing wrong in asking for help; yet, to step out and ask seems to take great effort.  I am as guilty as the next when it comes to asking.  To ask for little things is not such a big deal but asking for help in big ways is not so easy.  When my husband was in the hospital dear friends in Ohio offered to come and take care of the kids so I could focus on taking care of Dan.  They offered their help right away but I couldn’t say “Yes I needed them” it was an 8+ hour drive to get to my house.  I would figure something out.  Instead of just saying yes I added more stress to my life.  Thankfully, our friends knew I would never say yes and made their way down anyway.

Psalm 121:1-2 states, “I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”  I was asking the Lord for help and He provided and I said no.  He didn’t provide in the way that I thought He would so I declined the offer.  I’m sure the Lord was shaking His head saying – Cheryl I am helping you can you not see that? 

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”  Isaiah 41:10.  Don’t turn away the help the Lord sends!


Cheryl  

No comments:

Post a Comment