Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Lift - Lent Photo Challenge

Lift…

A deliberate action, an action that requires you to put effort into the process.  The effort could be physical or mental depending upon the type of lifting one is doing.  Yet, the key word is deliberate.  “Let us lift up our hearts and hands to God in Heaven” Lamentations 3:41.  The verse says let us lift up.  It is not an action that is an afterthought; it is an action that requires deliberateness.  We are to lift up our heart and hands to God.  The footnotes of my bible note that this is “a description of expectant prayer” (p. 1302).

Are you lifting your hearts and hands in expectant prayer?  Sadly, when I look at my prayer journal I haven’t been real deliberate lately.  I haven’t sat down and spent time with God.  I have let all the “other” things get in the way.  Interestingly, I have noticed when I let time with God slip I find my inner peace slip away as well.  It is almost as if I am craving the time spent with God. 

Thankfully, God doesn’t turn His back on me because I forgot about Him.  He is waiting for me to return.  That “craving” is the Holy Spirit working within me saying God is waiting for you.  “Therefore, the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore He exalts Himself to show mercy to you…”  Isaiah 30:18a. 

Be deliberate.  Lift you heart and your hands to God in Heaven!


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment