Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hear - Lent Photo Challenge

Hear…

I could hear the birds singing early in the morning the other day.  It made me smile because it is a sound that spring is coming!  There are many things I enjoy hearing and then there are those things that I don’t particularly care to hear.  For instance, it is tough to hear that I miserably screwed up or I’m not going to obtain something I really wanted.  Hearing those things simply does not make me feel all that great.

I have heard many people say they wish they could just hear what God wanted them to do; what path were they to go down.  My line is - I wish He would just email me the answer then I could move forward.  Yet, I know from experience God leads me and guides me in the direction I need to go.  Sometimes I just don’t want to hear what He has to say.  So then it must be that God didn’t hear me and give me the direction I needed. 

We get so caught up in how we think things should be that we are closed off to any other possibilities; we are closed off to hearing God.  Sure we pray and we even ask God’s will be to done but we “know” how it is supposed to go so the Lord should just make it happen.  Well, thankfully that is not how it works. “Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear”.  (Isaiah 65:24)  The Lord hears us and responds to us; it just might not be what we want to hear.  God knows the big picture.  He knows everything and how everything will work together and He has plans for us to prosper. (Jeremiah 29:11) 

Thank you Lord for hearing me!  Lord, help me to hear you and follow you in the direction you want me to go, not the direction I want to go.   


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment