Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Return - Lent Photo Challenge

Return...

Do you ever consider why you return to something?  When returning to something there is a draw of some sort that brings you back.  Returning to something also means you have left.  In Isaiah 44:22 it notes the draw in returning and also notes the concept of having left. – “I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.”


Time and time again we walk away from God.  We decide that we can do things on our own; yet our redemption does not lie in our power.  Our Redemption is through Christ.  It is through Him and only Him that our transgressions are blotted out.   We walk away, which means we have left God.  God has not left us. He awaits our return as He states – return to Me.  The love we are shown by God is beyond measure.  We turn our back on Him and He wants us to return to Him.  He extends the invitation to return to Him.  He opens His arms to us.  

When I see the return button on my computer it will not simply mean I am moving my cursor down, it will remind me of the love I have been shown by my Heavenly Father.

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment