Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

No - Lent Photo Challenge

 No…

A word that most of us do not like to hear.  Many times it is the first word that little children pick up because they are told no all the time.  Despite the fact that it is a word that we do not like to hear, much of the time it is for our benefit.  Have you taken moments to reflect upon why you were given the answer no?  As you reflect back, are you grateful you were given the answer no?

I have offered up many prayers and many times the answer has been no.  When the answer is given there are times I find it hard not to be frustrated; yet, when I reflect upon the no’s given I am grateful God knew the bigger picture and didn’t give me what I asked for.  September 11, 2001 was a day that changed lives forever.  The sense of security that I felt living in America was gone.  There was a real sense of fear in me.  I remember sitting on the edge of my bed praying that I wasn’t pregnant because there was a possibility and I wanted nothing to do with bringing a child into this world.  Well, it wasn’t long after that day that I found out I was pregnant.  If God had granted me what I had asked for I would not have a son.  I would have missed out on all of these years of watching my little guy grow up into a young man as well as all the years to come. 

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9 
Know that God’s plans for us are to prosper and the way that will happen is in His way, which means we will hear the word NO.  Trust in His plan.


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment