Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Faithful - Lent Photo Challenge

Faithful…

When I hear this word the first thing that comes to mind is marriage.  On the wedding day vows are said that each person will love and cherish through better or worse until death do us part.  I know I have not been very faithful in my vows.  There are times I have neglected to show my husband love or let him know that I cherish him.  I have not always honored him in the way I said I would in my vows.  Needless to say, I have room for improvement as a wife.  Thankfully, we say for better or worse standing before each other.  I know I can go and ask my husband for forgiveness when I get it wrong.  I know we can work through things and survive the good times and the not so good times. 

When we consider the word faithful we have nothing here on earth to really uphold the word.  We all make mistakes and no one is truly faithful.  The only one who demonstrates the essence of faithfulness is Christ.  He has upheld and continues to uphold all of the promises that He has given.  He went to the cross for us even though it was beyond painful and He would die.  He didn’t back out and say we could bear the consequences of our own sin.  He was faithful and will always be faithful.   “Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations.  The Lord is faithful in all his words and kind in all his works.” Psalm 145:13.


Cheryl   

1 comment:

  1. I had the honor of walking that beautiful bride down the isle to hand her off to my future son in law. I love you both! DAD

    ReplyDelete