Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Love - Lent Photo Challenge

Love…

A word that is overused in our culture.  We “love” frivolous things like food or a color or other things that really have no value.  With the overuse of the word love it loses it validity.  Yet, there is a whole heap of meaning and value within the word love.  For me, love has meaning in the relationship I have with my husband.  For over 21 years we have been dating, engaged, or married and in that time my view of love has changed.  I have learned how to love through the good times and the not so good times.  I have been shown an amazing amount of love from my husband and have learned how to accept the love he gives.  I have experienced how love grows and deepens for a person.   The way I define love today has so much more depth than it did 21 years ago. 

I have been truly blessed to have a husband that loves me and respects me.  I cannot imagine a love that is better than what I already have, but there is.  The love that I have from God is beyond what I can describe.  To fully comprehend a love that is perfect is not feasible because the relationships we have are far from perfect.  We have nothing to compare to the love that God extends. 

We might not be able to fully comprehend the love of God but that doesn’t matter.  We know He loves us. 


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment