Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Rejoice - Lent Photo Challenge

Rejoice…

When I was a little girl my favorite bible passage was Philippians 4:4 – “Rejoice, in the Lord always; again I say, Rejoice.”  I probably liked it because it was easy to memorize J but there was just a sense of happiness about the verse.  How can you not like a verse that talks about rejoicing? 

Well, I grew up and started to dig deeper into scripture and looked at all the words in the verse.  Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS.  Really?  There are times in my life that I can say were not worth rejoicing for.  Then I came across the verse in Romans that says to rejoice in my sufferings.  Oh Boy! I have failed!  I haven’t exactly rejoiced in my sufferings. 

Yet, when I reflect upon my sufferings I really can rejoice.  I can see how Christ was present helping me and carrying me when I needed it.  I would open up the bible and I found it fascinating how He led me through scripture.  In fact, at times I would get “lost” in scripture and time would go by and I didn’t even know it.  Can I rejoice in my suffering?  Yes, because I got to know my Lord better.  I also learn time and time again that He never leaves me. 

We can ALWAYS rejoice in our Lord! 


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment