Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Powers... Lent Photo-a-Day

Powers…A word that presents me with um…what do you say about powers?  I am not a big “superhero” fan so I cannot even make an analogy about that.  That leaves me with plan B; look in the concordance and see what verses contain the word “powers”.  The first reference listed was one of my favorite verses.  Romans 8:38-39 “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 

This is such a fitting verse to describe “powers”.  It shows the power of God as well as shows how the “powers” here on earth have no strength or ability over our God.  With news media, social media, and any other type of media reporting the “horrors” of the world it is verses like this we can cling to when we feel hopeless.  The Hope we have in our God is priceless and eternal!


Cheryl    

No comments:

Post a Comment