Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Search...Lent Photo-a-Day

Search…I love how this word is used in scripture.  There is such comfort gained.  “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me” (Psalm 139:1) Our God knows who we are.  We are 1 in a few billion and He knows each and everyone of us.  The awe can be taken beyond the 1 in a few billion.  Really, who else knows us like our Father in Heaven?  No one! 

While sitting and pondering this for a little bit the comfort kind of dwindled.  He knows me…He knows everything!  All the times I’ve screwed up – ya know those things that you would just rather forget.  He knows them and that is intimidating and humbling all at the same time.  At the end of Psalm 139 it states, “Search me, O God, and know my heart…” (v. 23)  Um…I’m not sure I really want Him to search me?  Can I stand before Him with confidence that His search will result in innocence?

No, I cannot.  I cannot even come close!  I’m a broken individual; yet, still loved by God.  He has searched me and He knows the good, bad, and ugly and still offers His grace, His forgiveness, His Son.  We are in the season of Lent, a time to reflect on what has been done for us.  When I consider how I have a Father that knows all there is to know about me and still loves me enough to give His one and only Son, there is comfort!  “O Lord, you have searched me and you know me!”


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment