Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Endure...Lent Photo-a-Day

Endure…I don’t know about you but when I think of endure I imagine something that is not easy.  You can make it through it but it will take effort; ya know the just hang in there concept.  Even in scripture it talks about enduring the not-so-good stuff.  1 Corinthians 4:12b – “When persecuted, we endure…” Quite frankly, sometimes I don’t want to endure.  I want whatever the uncomfortable thing is to be over.  Could endure be that “four-letter” word you don’t want to hear? 

As I was looking through scripture the word endure doesn’t just represent the “hang-in there” concept.  It is a word that holds great hope!  May the glory of the Lord endure forever…” (Psalm 104:31) “May his name endure forever…” (Psalm 72:17)  Endure is also forever!  Endure is not a “four-letter” word but a word that we need to hear. The glory of the Lord is forever!  His name is forever!  Christ endured death for us so we could have eternal life.

Rest in His endurance…His glory, death and resurrection!


Cheryl   

No comments:

Post a Comment