Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bless...Lent Photo-a-Day

Bless…"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:24-26) Words given by God for Moses to relay to Aaron so the Israelites could be blessed.  Words that many hear in the year 2015 at the end of the service.  We are still receiving the blessing of the Lord today!  Yet, I sometimes wonder if we really grasp what is being said as we finish up the worship service.  I know my kids figured out at a young age that when those words were said it meant we are outta here!  I’m sure as soon as Pastor raised his hand to offer the blessing they were tuned out and wondering what they could find on the little snack cart.

The words the Lord gave so many years ago are so prevalent and important today.  The Lord is offering His blessing and peace to us as we go out to face the world for the week.  I remember I was much like my kids when I was younger; that is until I was in confirmation class.  I clearly recall my pastor sharing with us the significance of those words and when He saw people walking out of church before the blessing it bothered him.  Why would anyone want to leave before the receiving the blessing of the Lord?  From that moment those words took on a whole new meaning for me. For generations the Lord has offered His blessing and will continue to offer His blessing until He returns.  What a blessing!


Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment