Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Photo - a - Day for Advent

Scrolling through Facebook today, I saw a photo-a-day challenge for Advent and thought what a great idea!  I love photography and it helps focus the next 25 days on Christ.  Day one was yesterday and the word was Go.  The first thought that came to mind was the Great Commission - Go and make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:19)  Scripture finishes in Matthew saying - Lo, I will be with you always. (Matthew 28:20)  What a great way to start advent! 

Day two the word is Bound - and not much popped into my head.  Already stumped on day two!  So I went to my favorite website - dictionary.com to see if I was missing a definition of bound.  The definition that jumped off the page was "Secured within a cover" and what an appropriate word for Advent! 

We are securely bound within the arms of Christ.  Isaiah 43:1 states, "I have called you by name, you are mine."  There is such comfort in knowing we are His! There is also comfort in searching the pages bound in the bible; His Word!  Scripture is fulfilling!  It is the guide for life.  Dig into it!       

Cheryl

2 comments: