Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Advent Photo-A-Day...Day 16

Strong...

When something or someone is strong, their strength comes from somewhere.  The two people in this photo are my husband and my grandma; two people that emulate the word strong.  Grandma came from the era of the Great Depression and had 16 brothers and sisters.  When she left home she married and was a farmer's wife; a life that requires an individual to be strong.  My husband did not grow up in the Great Depression :-), but has and continues to demonstrate a strength that I find remarkable.  Both Grandma and my husband pull from the same source of strength; our Savior.  The time or era or experiences did not make them strong; it is their faith in Christ.  They seek Him and look to Him continually.  "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually!" Psalm 105:4  Why seek the Lord for His strength?  "I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10b  Grandma and Dan emulate "strong" because they rely on the One that provides the strength. 

Find strength in the Lord!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment