Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Place...Lent Photo-a-Day

Sorry I missed yesterday!

Place – How many times have you been asked, “What’s your favorite place?”  It could be your favorite place to eat or your favorite place to visit but there is a liking to whatever “place” you are talking about.  When I saw this word I thought of Jesus sitting in the temple when He was a boy.  It was the place He needed to be.  He even said to His mother, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house? (Luke 2:49)  Jesus’ place to be was in His Father, whether it be in the temple or in the garden when He was praying. 

So, maybe the question to ask is where is your favorite place to connect with Christ?  Thankfully, Jesus is everywhere and with us all the time so we don’t need to go to a “favorite” place to connect with Him.  Yet, there is just something about certain places that help you connect.  For me it is outside amongst His creation.  While in San Diego a few weeks ago my husband and I hiked a state park.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I stood in awe of God’s masterpiece.  Of course I couldn’t take enough photos to capture the beauty I saw.  When I am outside amongst His creation God is so grand and for me that is so comforting!

What’s your favorite place?  I couldn't just pick one photo this time :-)






Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment