Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Look...Lent Photo-a-Day

Look – I see very few movies that aren’t animated as my youngest child is at an age where she cannot see much beyond the animated movies.  One of my favorite movies is Lion King 1 and ½.  If you haven’t seen it the Lion King story is retold from the perspective of Timon and Pumba.  Timon shares how he doesn’t fit in with his family because every job he is given he seems to mess up.  So, out of desperation the colony gives Timon the sentry duty position.  Timon is supposed to watch out for hyenas and alert the colony of danger.  Needless to say Timon failed at that job too.  He was too busy singing and daydreaming to notice the hyenas sneaking up on him.  His singing and daydreaming almost cost him his life as well as all the other meerkat’s lives.


Proverbs 4:25 states – “Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.”  How many times do we daydream and let our eyes wander off of Christ?  I am horribly guilty of that.  I haven’t written on my blog in forever and that was one way for me to stay focused in the word of God.  Thankfully, Christ never leaves us and is waiting for us to turn our gaze back to Him.  The meerkat in this photo is so attentive to looking straightforward and being alert.  I’m guessing his name wasn’t Timon J 

No comments:

Post a Comment