Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Covenant...Lent Photo-a-Day

Covenant...An agreement between two people or a group of people.  It's a piece of paper that indicates what each person will adhere to.  Consider marriage.  Many people feel when they say "I do" there is a covenant between the husband and wife.  You and I both know that the covenant between a husband and wife is never kept perfectly.  I know I have not honored my husband all the time.  Sadly, if we take a look at statistics many people have not adhered to the "till death do us part".  It is almost as if a covenant sounds nice until we don't like what we have to adhere too.  Thankfully, God does not operate like we do.  When God says something it is what it is.  "He remembers His covenant forever, the words that he commanded, for a thousand generations" (Psalm 105:8)

There is comfort in knowing the bible sitting next to me is timeless.  What God said so many years ago applies to me today and will apply for my children and my children's children.  I don't have to go searching for a current author that will give me 7 steps to this or to that.  I can look to the bible and know what I need is there.  His covenant is forever!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment