Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Path...Lent Photo-a-Day

Path…David shares in the Psalms – “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are the pleasures forevermore.” (16:11).  I love how David says “You make known to me the path of life”.  I have learned through some rather difficult situations in my life that God really does know the path for me and makes it known to me.  The key in the equation is whether I am listening or not. 

At one point in my professional career I had been through a whole heap of things and I kept asking God when was it going to be enough!  I wanted to be done but God kept saying NO.  So, I plugged along and after many months had passed God finally said I could go.  It was very loud and clear!  It was loud and clear because I was listening and spending time in His word.  God made known the path He wanted me to take.  One would think that I would have learned a valuable lesson.  I did but in my human nature I have also tried to do things my own way.  I have simply chose not to listen or I really don’t hear Him because I am not tuned into God.  I am not spending time wrapped up in His word and in prayer with Him.  It is really hard to hear someone when the focus is elsewhere.

The path has been set for us and God makes it known to us.  The question is are we listening and letting Him lead us?


Cheryl

1 comment: