Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Time - Lent Photo Challenge

Time…

Is there ever enough time?  In our society – No.  There is always something else that “has” to be done.  Yet, each of us has 24 hours to expend.  What do you do with your 24 hours?  Do you cram in as many things as you can? Is there an allotment of time for Christ in those 24 hours?

I wish I could say that in my 24 hours there is always a time set-aside for Christ.  In my mind there is the time set-aside but then I start doing things and pretty soon the time is all used up.  Have you ever considered “tithing” your time?  Let me unpack my thoughts on that…

A tithe is a giving of the first fruits.  We are to give back to God first and then use the rest of the money to pay bills, etc.   In that, God has promised to provide us our daily bread.  So what about tithing our time too?  I have noticed when I dedicate time to spend with Christ and actually do it, I never run out of time.  In fact, many times I tend to have “extra” time.  I have also noticed my “time” is less stressed than when I don’t set aside time for Christ. 

Jesus set the example for us.  He would spend time with His Father and when He did He went off by Himself.  One time, He asked the disciples to wait for Him.  Jesus was gone long enough the disciples fell asleep.  He didn’t just dedicate a little time; He spent quality time with His Father.  If Jesus, who was perfect, spent time with His Father we need to do likewise.

“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of time…” Ephesians 5:15-16a.  How do you use your time?


Cheryl   

No comments:

Post a Comment