Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Purpose - Lent Photo Challenge

Purpose…

I have a lot of questions about purpose.  Last summer we endured endless hours of a high pitch hum from cicadas that had lived in the ground for 17 years.  What is the purpose of cicadas appearing every 17 years? I have no idea!  I’ve been involved in a number of different things and have considered what the purpose of my involvement was.  Purpose brings about thought and wonderment.  Through that thought and wonderment sometimes we come up with the answer and sometimes we don’t.

We have many things to consider what the purpose is but there is one thing that we do not have to wonder about.  We don’t have to wonder why Jesus came to earth.  We don’t have to wonder why He endured the cross.  We know the purpose of Jesus’ death and resurrection.  Pontius Pilate questioned His purpose but Jesus shared with him – “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”  John 18:37 

Jesus fulfilled His purpose and through that fulfillment we are saved! 


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment