Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What is God's Plan for us?

What is God’s plan for us?  The ultimate plan – “The Lord has made known His salvation”. (Psalm 98:2)  His plan is that we know/have his salvation.  Christ died on the cross, rose again and therefore we have the greatest gift ever – salvation! 

God also has a plan for us in our day to day lives.  Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord…”  So what are those plans?  For me those plans need to be made known right away.  (I am sure God is smiling and shaking his head as I write this!)  I am not a patient person.  I am a planner.  I am not one that enjoys “sitting around” waiting to find out an answer.  Right now is best for me! 

When my husband found out the Chicago office was closing and we had to move to DC or find a different job, I was not at all happy.  My husband and I both felt the east coast was not for us.  So he tried to find a different job.  Nothing came up and we started making our plans to move east.  I came to the east coast with the mindset that we would not be here very long.  I could handle anything for a period of time and then we would move back the Midwest.  Well, the Lord has definitely had different plans than we had.  We have lived here for 9 years; longer than any other place we have lived.  We have some of the most amazing friends we have ever had.  I have a job that would have never come about if we hadn’t moved east.  I have been able to further my education and use that to serve the Lord.   The Lord’s plan was so much grander than we had ever imagined!

This is the problem – we cannot imagine what the Lord has in store for us because we cannot see the big picture.  What we are to do is to trust Him and follow His lead.  Part of that is being patient.  God’s timing is different than our timing.  2 Peter 3:9 – “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”  God’s plan for my husband and I will be revealed when the time is right.  I would not have had as much success in my current job if I hadn’t had my first Masters.  Therefore, I needed to do that prior to stepping into this position.  This means the right now thing doesn’t work!    I am sure we all can look back and see how God’s plan has unfolded.  The pieces are filled in; the connections are made.  The great part is the Lord keeps His promises.  He will take care of us always even when we are impatient!

Another piece of God’s plan can be found in Psalm 96:2 – “Sing to the Lord, bless His name; tell of His salvation from day to day.”  Part of His plan; let the whole earth know of His salvation.  We are His instruments in that plan.  Isaiah 52:10b “and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.”  We get to share the Good News with all!  Having said that, all of you are not supposed to go out and get your church worker’s degree and start on His plan of sharing His salvation to the ends of the earth.  You are to do what God has asked you to do in life and in that share His salvation. 

Remember the Lord’s plans are grander than ours!

Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment