Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What if?

One of my new "addictions" is pinterest.com.  It is a website filled with ideas, pictures, sayings, etc that can take hours of one's time.  The time thing is not so good - the ideas are great!  So while spending sometime perusing the other day I came across a saying that humbled me!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday."  Ouch!  I started to think about what I would have and the list was pretty short.  Then I took a look around me and I have been blessed beyond words.  Can I sigh over the Internet?  I have neglected to thank my Savior for the blessings He has given me. 

1 Thessalonians 5:18 states, "Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." and Ephesians 5:20 notes, "Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."  I have heard these verses many times.  In fact, they are underlined in my bible; yet, I didn't think much about it. 

What a blessing it is to have a Savior that doesn't give us what we deserve!  Take time during the day to Thank Him in all circumstances!  Remember to thank Him for the little things, the big things, and all the things in between. 

Thank you Jesus for blessing us beyond our wildest dreams!

Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment