Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Strength

Do you ever stop to reflect on things of the past and wonder how you managed to get through it?  I have taken time to reflect upon things and I am amazed how “I” got through certain events.  For instance, I have three children and when our youngest was born life was in full swing at our house.  When Savannah was a couple months old, Dan traveled to Annual Meeting and was gone 10 days.  At that point in Savannah’s life, she was up every two hours to eat.  Dan usually took a feeding in the middle of the night so I got a little bit of rest as well.  However, with Dan gone for 10 days that meant I had to do all the feedings, work, make sure the kids made it to school, dance, karate, and all the other things life threw at us.  I remember the tears running down my face as I was telling Dan I didn’t know how I was going to do it.  I didn’t know how I was going to function with no sleep for 10 days.  Those 10 days I had more energy than I knew what to do with.  I fed Savannah every two hours, the kids made it to school, I made it to work and I felt great!  I had nothing to with it!  There is no way on my strength alone that I could have made it through those 10 days so well.

Psalm 21:1 says, “O Lord, in Your strength the king rejoices, and in Your salvation how greatly he exults.”  The six words in this verse that bring a whole heap of comfort are, “in Your strength…in Your salvation”.  We can rejoice because we have the strength of the Lord.  We can exult and be exuberantly happy because our salvation is in Christ.  Take the Lord’s strength to our daily lives.  We can survive anything put before us because we have the strength of the Lord.  In your strength Lord, I can make it through the challenges of the day.  In your strength Lord, I can survive 10 days of very little sleep.  In your strength Lord, I can walk the journey of life. 

It is a comfort to know we don’t have to do “life” alone!  Isaiah41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment