Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Inconvenient Storms

I shared these words with my online ladies bible study and I thought I would share them with you.

“Inconvenient Storms” – words that could be used for the things that occur in life that are unsettling or cause bumps in the road.  I am sure there are inconvenient storms that occur in everyone’s life.  We have probably been told during these storms that God will carry you through.  He is with you!  He has a plan for you.  However, many times it doesn’t feel like it.  We are enduring whatever it is and why would God put me through this?

In Psalm 3:7 David cried out “Arise, O Lord!  Save me Oh my God!”  We cry out – Lord why do I have to endure these inconvenient storms?  Jesus cried out, “Let this cup pass from me.”  (Matthew 26:39)  Wait!  Jesus cried out?  He is the Christ, Messiah, King of all Kings and He cried out to His Father?

Yes, Jesus cried out to His Father, “Let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”  Can you imagine if the Heavenly Father would have changed His mind and said “No, My Son, you do not have to suffer?”   Where would that leave us?  It would leave us in the devil’s hands!

Our Heavenly Father knew His Son had to suffer so we could have life.  He knew the big picture.  The same goes for us in our daily lives.  When God says “For I know the plans I have for you” (Jeremiah 29:11)He isn’t kidding.  His plans are “plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (29:11) That doesn’t mean we are not going to face the “inconvenient storms” in life.  James 1:2-3 states, “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

What it does mean is He will give us the strength to get through whatever “inconvenient storms” we face in life.  He will give us the wisdom to get through the “inconvenient storms”.  He will give us the peace to get through the “inconvenient storms”.  1 Corinthians 10:13 states, “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man.  God is faithful and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”  There are plaques that share the words...the Lord may calm the storm or he may calm you to get through the storm.   Whichever one the Lord chooses, you have what you need to get through.

I want to go back to those little words, “cried out”.  Jesus cried out to His Heavenly Father.  We too need to cry out to our Heavenly Father.  We need to share our hurts, angers, disappointments, and fears with Him.  In doing that, you are giving everything over to Him.  The Heavenly Father gave His Son the strength and peace to die so that we may have life!  Our Heavenly Father will give us the strength and peace to endure the “inconvenient storms”.

Cheryl  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment