Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

His Creation and His Beauty

A hobby of mine is photography.  This hobby has grown over the years and with my current camera I have taken over 14,000 pictures.  Needless to say, I have pictures of a lot of things!  Despite the thousands of pictures I am not quite sure what to do with, I have discovered something within my hobby.  I have discovered the beauty of God's creation!  Looking through my camera lens, I see things I have never noticed before; yet, have walked by "it" a thousand times. 

Yesterday, was a day that presented an opportunity which left me speechless.  I was up and on the beach prior to the sun "getting up".  There I sat facing the Atlantic ocean waiting for the sun to make its debut.  Not being a real morning person, my eyes were slightly open and my mind was still snuggled up with the pillow despite my body sitting on the beach.  With automatic reflexes the lens was attached to the camera, the camera turned on, and the first glimpse into the morning was there.  Wow!  What a wake a call.  The beauty surrounding me was magnificent.  The sky was filled with just a hint of orange as the waves crashed in on the beach.  The camera started clicking and God's creation became more visible!

So many times we live life on automatic pilot.  By being on automatic pilot we miss out on the little things.  We don't see the little bird "footprints" in the sand or the magnificent colors in the sky with the sun rising.  This is vacation time for many, which means time to spend with our loved ones.  Take moments to "discover" the beauty of God's creation!  Zechariah 9:17a notes, "For how great is His goodness, and how great His beauty!  Share with one another what it is that you noticed in God's creation.  What a great way to continue to discover the awesomeness of our Lord!







Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment