Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Legacy


Have you ever been given something that is priceless?  You know that item that could never be bought with money.  On my wall, at the end of the hall, hangs a beautiful portrait of my Grandma in her wedding dress.   Back in 1947, Grandpa shared a photo of his lovely bride to a German painter and the painter captured the essence of my Grandma on a canvas.  That canvas has adorned Grandma’s wall ever since.  Well, that is until recently.  You see now Grandma has gone to heaven and I was asked if I wanted the portrait.  There are no words to express my awe that I would be able to continue the legacy of the portrait adorning someone’s wall.

 
Grandma didn’t just leave me a canvas to hang on a wall; she left me with an even more priceless gift!  Grandpa and Grandma raised seven children and their faith was very evident.  My dad took what was instilled in him and passed his love for the Lord onto me and my brothers.  I now have the opportunity to pass that love onto my three children. Verse 4 of Psalm 78 states, “We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders He has done.”  What an amazing gift you give your children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and the generations to follow when you share the love of the Lord.

Take moments each day to share that amazing gift with your children.  Point out the beautiful creations that God has made.  Share how Christ helped you through the day.  Pray together.  Study scripture together.  Whatever you choose to do leave that priceless gift with your children!    
 
Cheryl 

No comments:

Post a Comment