Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Are you deliberate?

(Rose no longer in its prime)
Tonight, while watering the poor plants that were begging for something to drink, I noticed a rose that was no longer in the prime of its bloom.  The bloom had “run” its course and needed to be plucked from the stem.  However as I was standing there replenishing the plants with water, I noticed the rose had a particular beauty about it even though it had “run” its course.  For that reason I decided it was a good night to get out the camera; something I hadn’t done in a while.

Once again I wasn’t disappointed in what nature has to offer.  I decided the details of the rose were intricate enough that I should use my macro lens.  I am truly amazed every time I look through that lens.  Tonight, while taking pictures of the beautiful dilapidated rose I noticed a green insect on the plant; the rose no longer became the focus.  This insect was fascinating!  It was very deliberate in all of its actions.  It moved very slowly as it turned around; one step at a time.  At some point in watching this insect it appeared to be “cleaning” its legs.  It would put one leg at a time up to its mouth and then carefully put it back.  No move was quick or jerky but “thought” out.

As I was watching this insect through my camera lens, the thought that came to mind was how deliberate am I in my relationship with Christ?  Do I set aside time to study and pray or is it something that I get to when I have a chance?  Sadly, too many times I have to say I am not deliberate or it is the first thing knocked off my list of things to do.  Life gets busy!

I am so grateful Christ doesn’t operate under the same premise as I do!  Can you imagine how busy Christ is with all the details of the world?  He could easily forget about me; but he doesn’t!  Matthew 6:26 notes, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?”  Matthew also notes in 10:30, “And the very hairs of your head are all numbered.”  Christ is never too busy for any of us.  We are truly valuable to Him; so much so that He even knows how much hair we have on our heads. 

Christ was also deliberate in His love for us.  Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  He could’ve decided He wasn’t going to die for us because we couldn’t get our act together; but he didn’t!!!  His love for us is so grand that while we continually sin He doesn’t give up on us! 

Be deliberate in your relationship with Christ!  Don’t set Christ aside and when you have a moment you will get to Him!  When I take time for study despite my long list of things to do; I always seem to get everything done.  Many times I even have time to spare.  Not only do I have time to spare, but I had time to truly spend with the One that loves me so dearly.  Christ should never be on the “to do” list, He should be foundation of our everyday life.
(One very deliberate bug!}

Cheryl   

No comments:

Post a Comment