Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Weed is Beautiful?

 



A stress reliever for me is getting out my camera and taking pictures of whatever I come across.  A while back I had my camera out and was playing with my macro lens; a lens that allows me to see intricate details in things that I cannot see with the naked eye.  On this particular day I focused in on dandelions.  I found dandelions that were at different stages of its growth cycle.  I was stunned at the beauty within a weed as it was blooming as well as when it was going to seed.  I am sure my husband would not say dandelions are beautiful as he tries to rid them from his lawn; but they are truly beautiful. 

God says in Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He has made everything beautiful in its time."  Now, from a teacher perspective you alert students to words such as always, everything, never, etc. because not too many things fit in such categories.  However, God stated everything is beautiful within its time.  Do we see the beauty in things as we look at them or do we just see ordinary every day things?  Do we notice that everything has a beautiful attribute?  One aspect I truly appreciate about taking photos is I see God's beauty through a camera lens.  I see things that seem ordinary but really are extraordinary. 

You may not be a photographer but you can see God's beauty with your own eyes.  Take a moment to see just how beautiful things are!  Notice the little things, or the simple things, that God has given us that truly make this world stunning!  The Awesomeness of our Lord is even present in the little things; things such as dandelions!   

Cheryl

    

No comments:

Post a Comment