Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Legacy are you Leaving?

During vacation I had the opportunity to visit with my Grandma's and ever since that visit I have had this sense of sadness that I have missed out on something.  You see one of my Grandma's doesn't remember much anymore.  In fact, I think most of the time I spent with her she didn't really know who I was.  This made conversation very difficult.  What she remembered was way back when and I know very little about way back when to carry on a conversation.

I was at a loss and yet I didn't want to give up my time with her.  Our God is always good!  There on her shelf was an old photo book that had pictures I had never seen before.  It was from way back when!  It was an opportunity to talk about things she could remember.  It was an opportunity to see Grandma as a young and vibrant lady that has left a legacy for 86 years and continues to leave a legacy.

As we live each and every day on this earth we are leaving a legacy.  The question is what legacy are we leaving?  Are we leaving one that shares Christ's Victory and Grace or are we leaving one that shows we just existed here on earth?

The legacy my Grandma has left and continues to leave is one that shows what an amazing Savior she has.  Grandma has taught me the value of dedication, forgiveness, hard work, giving to others, using what God has given you, and that is the short list.  Grandma didn't live her life to just exist; she lived it so that her kids and grandkids knew of Christ's love.  Grandma may not remember much anymore, but she still knows her Savior.  She could still share with me Christ's love despite the failing memory. 

The sense of sadness that I left with was due to the fact there were many stories behind the pictures that I will never know because she no longer can tell me.  However, she left me with so much more than those pictures.  This leads me back to the question - what legacy are you leaving?  Leave a legacy that shows Christ amazing power, love, and strength because there is no better legacy to leave than that!

Cheryl    

No comments:

Post a Comment