Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why blog?

Sometimes, while sitting at my desk or driving down the road God reveals to me the "craziest" of plans.  Actually, I think they are crazy and He obviously doesn't because His plans are always good.  About a month ago, the need to be able to reach people in a different manner other than in the "traditional" sense was weighing on me heavily.  One "untraditional" way of reaching out to people in ministry is to blog; therefore, that is what I am going to try. 

The Lord reiterated today, while sitting at a conference, that reaching out to people outside the walls of the church is crucial.  Even the title of the blog, which had been picked prior to attending today, fits perfectly.  We are all called to pass on the faith.  "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations..."  Matthew 28:19  Making disciples of all nations is to be done wherever it is that you are placed.  Through this blog, I hope to be able to give ideas, resources, etc to all readers. 

Not all posts will apply to everyone, but you may know someone who could benefit from the post or tuck it away for future use.  I look forward to sharing with you as we embark on this new adventure together.

Cheryl   

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea, Cheryl! I will certainly visit and know that it will be one way to be fed spiritually when often times, other ways don't happen on a regular basis...
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, what a great way help start conversations, share and encourage faith, and make yourself available to meet people where ever it is that they are at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am looking forward to how the Lord uses you here Cheryl! It's always so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to learning more and great conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Now to get it linked on the Redeemer website and perhaps creating a group on FaceBook?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like thinking outside the box!! Thanks for making this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it. I also think this is another way to place a name to a face. Our photos downstairs are becoming outdated and faded. I know mine was at least 10 years ago and a lot less gray hair:) I look forward to following. I agree Jim, I'm sure we pay good money for that website and should get our 'money's worth'.

    ReplyDelete