Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Reflection Equals Insight and a Whole Lot More!

The last seven months I have been “journaling” a book for my husband.  My daughter gave me a journal for Christmas that sat in my drawer just begging to be written in.  However, I already had a prayer journal and I am not one that journals much beyond that.  Yet, there was this nagging that kept at me saying I needed to write in it.  The thought that kept coming to mind was write for your husband; let him know how much you appreciate him.  So mid January, I finally said all right God I will write.  Once again God knows best!

Journaling for Dan was the best reflection time I have ever spent.  To sit down and take dedicated time to ponder just who my husband is brought about a deeper love within me for him.  I could see through the day-to-day things how much he takes care of me, loves me, and supports me.  The small things that I didn’t see or took for granted became big things that helped grow the love, appreciation, and respect I have for my husband.  I found that when I sat down to write, no matter what mood I was in, I always ended up with a smile on my face and there was a peace within me.  I am truly blessed to have a husband who puts Christ first in his life and treats me like a queen.

While journaling I included a number of different things. I shared with him some of my favorite bible passages.  I found funny quotes as well as quotes that referred to marriage that caused me to ponder our married life.  I also wrote him notes about the little things I had noticed.  Overall, I wanted him to have the opportunity to know what he does for me as well as our children is very much appreciated. 

I would encourage all to take the opportunity to reflect.  What a gift it is to see someone you love in a different perspective even after 19 years of marriage.  


Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment